If you do an online search you will find thousands of sites with a number of different reasons to blog regularly. When you stop and think about it there is only one reason for a business to blog.
TO GENERATE MORE LEADS!
As a business owner you know that without leads you won’t have anybody to sell your products or services to.
Now that we’ve covered the only reason for your company to have a blog we can talk about the 5 main reasons you need to blog regularly.
- To get a higher ranking with search engines. Why? If you show up on the front page of a search engine people will see your business. Many of them will go to your website. If your blog is set up properly they will go to your blog to learn about your products, services and your company. When you blog regularly the search engines crawl your website more often. (This won’t happen over night. It takes time.)
- To educate your existing customers or clients about different features of your products or services. By educating your customer or clients you will build a better, more loyal relationship with them. They will trust you. Why? People do business with people they know like and trust.
- To be seen as an expert in what you do. Every business has a competitor. The experts are the people who share their knowledge and help potential customers or clients achieve their goal. Remember…people don’t buy your product or service they buy the result of using your product or service.
- To improve your websites search engine optimization. Search engines focus on key words or phrases when looking for websites. If you use the right keywords or phrases you will optimize your website. (Be careful of word stuffing. Overusing key words or phrases will lower your optimization score and your ranking will drop.)
- To answer questions and get people to contact you. Many people today would rather request information by filling in a form or responding to a blog than by calling you. Many businesses today operate on different shifts and in different time zones. A blog is on 365 days of the year and operates 24 hours a day. A blog gets traffic when your office is closed. You may not be available personally when people need you but by having a blog that educates and entertains you will be able to help them and generate leads.
Copyright 2018, danwrites.ca. All rights reserved.