If you do an online search you will find thousands of sites with a number of different reasons to blog regularly. When you stop and think about it there is only one reason for a business to blog.
TO GENERATE MORE LEADS!
As a business owner you know that without leads you won’t have anybody to sell your products or services to.
Now that we’ve covered the only reason for your company to have a blog we can talk about the 5 main reasons you need to blog regularly.
- To get a higher ranking with search engines. Why? If you show up on the front page of a search engine people will see your business. Many of them will go to your website. If your blog is set up properly they will go to your blog to learn about your products, services and your company. When you blog regularly the search engines crawl your website more often. (This won’t happen over night. It takes time.)
- To educate your existing customers or clients about different features of your products or services. By educating your customer or clients you will build a better, more loyal relationship with them. They will trust you. Why? People do business with people they know like and trust.
- To be seen as an expert in what you do. Every business has a competitor. The experts are the people who share their knowledge and help potential customers or clients achieve their goal. Remember…people don’t buy your product or service they buy the result of using your product or service.
- To improve your websites search engine optimization. Search engines focus on key words or phrases when looking for websites. If you use the right keywords or phrases you will optimize your website. (Be careful of word stuffing. Overusing key words or phrases will lower your optimization score and your ranking will drop.)
- To answer questions and get people to contact you. Many people today would rather request information by filling in a form or responding to a blog than by calling you. Many businesses today operate on different shifts and in different time zones. A blog is on 365 days of the year and operates 24 hours a day. A blog gets traffic when your office is closed. You may not be available personally when people need you but by having a blog that educates and entertains you will be able to help them and generate leads.
Rebuilding my site and…my business
Rebuilding my website
I thought it was time to rebuild my website. I have built a number of sites for different businesses over the years and have let my site drift in limbo.
I have shifted from Weebly to WordPress. I like the fact that WordPress is easier to blog from when operating on a mobile device.
Rebuilding my business
I have taken some time to evaluate what I want to do for a living and to earn an income. I was shocked when I realized that as much as I love writing I do very little of it in my income stream. I have decided to rebuild my business.
When I was done sorting through the things I’ve done to earn a living I learned that while I am competent at many things there are two areas where I get the most satisfaction.
The first is writing.
Writing is a pretty broad term so I had to work my way through the type of writing I enjoy the most that would generate income. It boiled down to blogging. I enjoy doing the research on different topics and different industries and then writing. I enjoy writing articles that educate and entertain. I enjoy helping businesses build relationships through their websites.
The second thing I do that gives me satisfaction is my greeting card business. I enjoy sending greeting cards and teaching people how they can use greeting cards to generate business by building relationships by showing that they care. One of the aspects of my greeting card business that I like is that some of my customers ask me to help them with their writing. The second part I like is that I earn money by teaching people how to teach other people how to use the system. Yes, I am talking about SendOutCards. You can check it out clicking this link Sendoutcards.com
I look forward to hearing from you. I have already picked out my next few blog topics and am working to get myself back on track and to blogging regularly. I’ve been teaching the need for regular blogging for years and sadly let my blog slip into the realm of non-existence.